This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sd card issue - no boot
Hi

I have 3 sd cards that i tested with the latest Android 
i have two 32gb cards , and both boot normally , yet i feel that the system is a bit laggy
the 3rd sd card is a brand new card , 16gb and the brand is LD data, 
all of the cards are class 10

the problem with the 16gb sd card is:
after i flash the image into it using my pc , the android boots normally and it is running great
but after i reboot the system for the first time , it tries to boot, i see the tinker board logo screen , and then black screen
this black screen stays forever , i waited about 30 minutes for it to boot, but it does not

please help me with fixing this problem ?

Thanks
(01-22-2018, 08:41 PM)Raby Wrote: Hi

i have two 32gb cards , and both boot normally , yet i feel that the system is a bit laggy

after i flash the image into it using my pc , the android boots normally and it is running great
but after i reboot the system for the first time , it tries to boot, i see the tinker board logo screen , and then black screen
this black screen stays forever , i waited about 30 minutes for it to boot, but it does not

Thanks

Try this when it boots to black screen.....ctl/alt/delete.   In tinkerboard when boot sometimes the screen saver activates.
It happen to me once. ctrl/alt/delete should open the taskmanager which may turn on the screen.
If it doesn't work, then it may be the kernal version.

Thanks

Hi Raby,

What is your SD card's total spec & model name?
We try to find one, then take a look and check.
It maybe is that SD card have compatible issue.

Thanks.
(01-23-2018, 05:20 AM)Tinker Board Wrote:

Thanks

Hi Raby,

Thanks.

it is LD data, a very good company, i have been using sd card from this company for some time, and they perform very good
by the way the sd card that i use now with my tinker board (and it is up and running) is LD data 32gb class 10

the problem is with this card:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Micro-SD...0.0.1qo26h

and by the way the ctrl + alt + delete did not work
and one more thing, the cpu gets hot when it tries to boot from the 16gb sd card ( i feel the heat sink and it is hot)
(01-23-2018, 07:41 AM)Raby Wrote:

Thanks

Hi Raby,

Thanks.

it is LD data, a very good company, i have been using sd card from this company for some time, and they perform very good
by the way the sd card that i use now with my tinker board (and it is up and running) is LD data 32gb class 10

and one more thing, the cpu gets hot when it tries to boot from the 16gb sd card ( i feel the heat sink and it is hot)
Needs a fan 40x40x10mm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooling-Fan-for...SwmgJY3b7m
(01-23-2018, 06:29 PM)Jay Smith Wrote:

Thanks

Hi Raby,

Thanks.

Needs a fan 40x40x10mm

fans and a more decent power supply (5V-4A) are on the way, i will update you when they arrive
(01-23-2018, 08:39 PM)Raby Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 06:29 PM)Jay Smith Wrote:

Thanks

Hi Raby,

Thanks.

Needs a fan 40x40x10mm

fans and a more decent power supply (5V-4A) are on the way, i will update you when they arrive

If you haven't already done so, add Temperature Monitor on right side of Panel.

RightClickOnPanel>PanelSettings>PanelApplets>SelectTempMonitor>clickAdd

I tried many other cases and some are good, but this one is the best.
1 It is opened to the air.
2 Easy to blow dust out.
3 Solid construction.
4 The large fan mounts real close to the asus heatsink.
5 The fan pins are separated. Easy to plug into pin 1 and ground.
You can plug the red wire into the 3.4 volt number 1 pin and it will slow down the fan rpms.
This will make the fan last longer and run quiet. One of the ground pins will turn off the fan when shutdown. I think pin 14.

Only issue is you have to watch out for flying staples and children.
Note: when blowing dust out of the fan remember to stick a pin or something in the fan to prevent it from spinning with high rpms.
The reason is the fan can generate a high voltage. Not good for the circuit board.
Can use loctite to keep screws/nuts from coming loose.

Also, the ctl/alt/delete looks like it doesn't work for everyone. It did for me. Maybe some cards don't work so well with ATB.
(01-24-2018, 07:42 PM)Jay Smith Wrote: If you haven't already done so, add Temperature Monitor on right side of Panel.

1  It is opened to the air.
2  Easy to blow dust out.
3  Solid construction.
4  The large fan mounts real close to the asus heatsink.
5  The fan pins are separated. Easy to plug into pin 1 and ground.
You can plug the red wire into the 3.4 volt number 1 pin and it will slow down the fan rpms.
This will make the fan last longer and run quiet.  One of the ground pins will turn off the fan when shutdown. I think pin 14.

Note: when blowing dust out of the fan remember to stick a pin or something in the fan to prevent it from spinning with high rpms.
       The reason is the fan can generate a high voltage.  Not good for the circuit board.

Also, the ctl/alt/delete looks like it doesn't work for everyone.  It did for me.  Maybe some cards don't work so well with ATB.

I guess you are talking about the Debian's, but he is asking for Android...
And about SD card...maybe can reference this table: https://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards
Lots of SD cards(bad) not good for being system bootup storage, special Android, I believe Android would more high read/write loading than Linux.
(01-25-2018, 04:07 AM)Craz_tyle Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 07:42 PM)Jay Smith Wrote: If you haven't already done so, add Temperature Monitor on right side of Panel.

1  It is opened to the air.
2  Easy to blow dust out.
3  Solid construction.
4  The large fan mounts real close to the asus heatsink.
5  The fan pins are separated. Easy to plug into pin 1 and ground.
This will make the fan last longer and run quiet.  One of the ground pins will turn off the fan when shutdown. I think pin 14.

The reason is the fan can generate a high voltage.  Not good for the circuit board.

Also, the ctl/alt/delete looks like it doesn't work for everyone.  It did for me.  Maybe some cards don't work so well with ATB.

I guess you are talking about the Debian's, but he is asking for Android...
And about SD card...maybe can reference this table: https://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards
Lots of SD cards(bad) not good for being system bootup storage, special Android, I believe Android would more high read/write loading than Linux.

Your right.  Written at the top first sentence.
Update,
after recieving a good quality PSU 5V/4A , and A fan , the android still won't boot from that sd card,
again , it boots okay for the first time , but after the first reboot, the screen with stay black and nothing happens

i am still not convinced that it is an sd card issue,
maybe decompressing the image on the first boot has some problem