This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sd card issue - no boot
(04-17-2018, 04:20 PM)Esmertec Wrote: Hm.... So I got my new power supply from the LED strip (5V 4A) and it loads the tinkerboard in the retropie perfectly, but still does not work android, I have flash cards of samsung that do not work with the tinker either. I conclude that it is still tf card, not the power supply ... It is not clear with what TF it works best

Maybe the microSD interface on the TBoard.
You can try to boot on a USB Thumb Drive and see if it will work.  See below.
You have the same Android as every one else has.
It looks to be down to either the monitor or the TBoard it's self.

Boot from USB:
sudo pcmanfm
Goto.../boot/ and create old-extlinux folder and copy your current /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf inside.
Open with leafpad /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf           I installed kwrite and use it.
Edit extlinux.conf this way...
label kernel-4.4
      kernel /zImage
      fdt /rk3288-miniarm.dtb
#   booting from SD...
#   append  earlyprintk quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles console=tty1 rw init=/sbin/init
#   booting from usb...
    append  earlyprintk quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles root=/dev/sda2 console=tty1 rw init=/sbin/init

Save and exit.
Shutdown your tinkerboard.
Plug in on your tinkerboard your usb-SSD and turn on your tinkerboard with the SD-card in SD slot.
SD is mandatory to booting tinkerboard.
Now you are booting from SD-card and running tinker-os from usb-SSD or usb-HD or usb-memory.

If you need access to your SD card from usb tinker-os running from usb...
Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/mmcblk0p1
Code:
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/mmcblk0p1
Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/mmcblk0p2
Code:
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/mmcblk0p2

/mnt/mmcblk0p1/...is your first partition on SD card with /boot tinker-os.
In /mnt/mmcblk0p1/ is the /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf to boot tinkerboard.
/mnt/mmcblk0p2/...is your second partition on SD card with all / tinker-os from first boot SD-card.
But nothing is saved on SD-card with usb boot.TinkerOS now runs from /dev/sda2 on your usb-SSD.

Code:
sudo umount /mnt/mmcblk0p1
Code:
sudo umount /mnt/mmcblk0p2

To see your SD-card and usb-disk partitions...
Code:
lsblk
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y gparted

Now you are running tinker-os from usb and you have a backup of your first booting tinker-os in SD-card.
Testing write speed tinker-os running from usb...You need at least 3Gb free space on /
Code:
df -h
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/testfile bs=16M count=128 oflag=direct && sync ; sudo rm -f /tmp/testfile