This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akasa Pi Aluminum Case designed for Raspberry Pi and Asus Tinker Board
I just received this case toady. It's a self cooled solution using a post to connect the soc and ram to the aluminium case.  It arrived in 3 case parts, top, bottom and sides all milled from solid aluminium.  It went together pretty quickly and all parts fit well. Over all it dropped idle temperatures by about 20 F and allows full speed for the time I've tested, compared to the supplied heat-sink in open air.  With a fan my Tinker board ran at about 95-99 F and without the fan about 130-135 F.  This case runs about 110-120 F and could certainly be improved with a few alterations.  Firstly, the supplied risers that connect the SOC to the case aren't sized very well so they include some very thick thermal pads.  You require one at both ends of the riser the one toward the case side and the SOC side. I'm thinking if I could get a nice copper riser with better fit things would improve further.   The case will work for a PI 2 or 3 as well due to the fact the risers aren't in a fixed location.  I just thought I'd post in case someone is looking for a nice looking silent solution for their Tinker board.
(01-11-2018, 08:26 PM)n8xyn Wrote: I just received this case toady. It's a self cooled solution using a post to connect the soc and ram to the aluminium case.  It arrived in 3 case parts, top, bottom and sides all milled from solid aluminium.  It went together pretty quickly and all parts fit well. Over all it dropped idle temperatures by about 20 F and allows full speed for the time I've tested, compared to the supplied heat-sink in open air.  With a fan my Tinker board ran at about 95-99 F and without the fan about 130-135 F.  This case runs about 110-120 F and could certainly be improved with a few alterations.  Firstly, the supplied risers that connect the SOC to the case aren't sized very well so they include some very thick thermal pads.  You require one at both ends of the riser the one toward the case side and the SOC side. I'm thinking if I could get a nice copper riser with better fit things would improve further.   The case will work for a PI 2 or 3 as well due to the fact the risers aren't in a fixed location.  I just thought I'd post in case someone is looking for a nice looking silent solution for their Tinker board.

Need an url.  Search ebay and post it.
Sorry about that I wasn't sure if that would be OK here. I bought from here

http://www.performance-pcs.com/akasa-pi-...l#Features