This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eth + WiFi At the Same Time
Hi,

So I'm trying to use my Tinker to control a fishtank - the fishtank broadcasts it's own WiFi network (cannot connect to an AP though, very annoying and part of the reason I got the Tinker).

So the idea is to have the Tinker Ethernet to my router for management and connect to the fishtank WiFi to control it.

I'm using Android as the fishtank has a native Android App already, so will be much easier to start there. I have tcpdump installed and ready to sniff the packets it sends so I can replicate them myself.

The problem is Android doesn't allow more than 1 network connection active at the same time (as it's used to prioritising 3G/4G vs WiFi). Of course with these Tinkers that is just annoying!

I found a solution for Android 5.1, but 6.0.1 is alluding me.

This is the guide I found;
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1814...2#26560932

And this is a link to the section of source code as close as I could find to Tinker's version of 6.0.1 (it's about 9 lines out comparing it to the smali output);
https://github.com/aosp-mirror/platform_...java#L4424

I tried changing it in a few ways (basically to prevent it from 'lingering') but to no avail. I'm really hoping someone here can point out the right place to tweak the smali file!! I'm sure Eth+WiFi would be handy for many of us!

Thanks in advance!