This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB DAC Compatabilty
Hi I hope someone can help

I have volumio set up on an x86 pc connected to a Firestone Audio, Spitfire HD DAC, all works fine. Due to space constraints and noise I want to replace the x86 PC with an ASUS Tinker Board, but the Tinker Board does not recognise the DAC. Is this a hardware problem or is it something that can be sorted out in software??

The link below is to the DAC 

http://fires-audio.eu/index.php?item=sp ... 38&lang=en

Any Help will be greatly apreciated

Thanks
Chris
My Terratec DMX 6FireUSB also refused to work with the Tinkerboard and Volumio.
Now I run Volumio on an Raspberry 3 with the Allo Boss I2S soundcard for my headphones listening place, connected to a single ended single stage class-A source follower amp and Sennheiser HD800.
The sound performance is at least equal to the terratec connected to a Windows PC.
I like the Tinkerboard as my desktop computer, but there are some reasons to use the raspberry for audio streaming:
- less power consumption (anyway we talk about almost nothing and nothing compared to Windows PC..)
- Amazing sound for money with i2s soundcards especially the Allo Boss.
- System costs less than 100 euros (raspi and soundcard)
- cpu power of the Tinkerboard is overkill for this task, the raspi runs on max. 15% streaming via LAN flac files up to 192kHz@24bit.

Best Regards,
James Watt
(12-19-2017, 07:50 PM)james watt Wrote: My Terratec DMX 6FireUSB also refused to work with the Tinkerboard and Volumio.
Now I run Volumio on an Raspberry 3 with the Allo Boss I2S soundcard for my headphones listening place, connected to a single ended single stage class-A source follower amp and Sennheiser HD800.
The sound performance is at least equal to the terratec connected to a Windows PC.
I like the Tinkerboard as my desktop computer, but there are some reasons to use the raspberry for audio streaming:
- less power consumption (anyway we talk about almost nothing and nothing compared to Windows PC..)
- Amazing sound for money with i2s soundcards especially the Allo Boss.
- System costs less than 100 euros (raspi and soundcard)
- cpu power of the Tinkerboard is overkill for this task, the raspi runs on max. 15% streaming via LAN flac files up to 192kHz@24bit.

Best Regards,
James Watt

Hi Yeah I tried the DAC on a Pi I have (which has a Allo Boss DAC) and it recognises the Firestone DAC so it looks like it might be a problem with the Tinkerboard