This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asus 15.6" touch monitor VT168H
Question 
Hi. I would like to use the Asus VT168H touch monitor with the Tinker board running Android. Will it work?
(12-16-2017, 01:27 AM)Alfm Wrote: Hi. I would like to use the Asus VT168H touch monitor with the Tinker board running Android. Will it work?
Hi Alfm
I'm using Asus VT168N which is almost the same and TKB running Android (tested on last release and previous one) works perfectly. Just noted that the behavior is not the same if you get a physical keyboard attached.
(12-17-2017, 10:06 AM)Softtruand Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 01:27 AM)Alfm Wrote: Hi. I would like to use the Asus VT168H touch monitor with the Tinker board running Android. Will it work?
Hi Alfm
I'm using Asus VT168N which is almost the same and TKB running Android (tested on last release and previous one) works perfectly. Just noted that the behavior is not the same if you get a physical keyboard attached.

Thanks you all for your kind support. 

Asus Support has also just confirmed that the Asus VT168H is compatible with the TKB running Android.

Our goal is to build a 15.6" Kiosk running our software developed using UNITY. (see attachment)

Thanks again Alf    
Hi All:
Just an update on the Asus VT168 Touch Screen Monitor, it works great with Android and is a great touch monitor for the price.
The only problem is that Android is not able to fully run the screen in Portrait mode.  Not just this model but all touch monitors.
Hopefully Asus will solve this problem soon.

Thanks Alf
(12-30-2017, 03:09 AM)Alfm Wrote: Hi All:
Just an update on the Asus VT168 Touch Screen Monitor, it works great with Android and is a great touch monitor for the price.
The only problem is that Android is not able to fully run the screen in Portrait mode.  Not just this model but all touch monitors.
Hopefully Asus will solve this problem soon.

Thanks Alf

Hi, Alfm
    What do you mean "fully run the screen in Portrait mode" (screen rotate ?) ? Can you give us more detail explanation ?
Hi Jamess
I want to run the screen in portrait mode. I can get the screen to rotate as per your fix on other posts, but the touch part of the screen stays in landscape mode.
Can you help as we need an urgent fix. We have two kiosk type units built for a show in New York on the 15th of January 2018. We may have to use a windows board instead of Tinker because of this problem. Can you help.
We are planing to build 1000 of these units this year and would very much like to use Tinker Board with the Asus VT168H screen.
Please see my previous post showing pictures of the Kiosk.
Thanks Alf
(01-02-2018, 03:49 PM)Alfm Wrote: Hi Jamess
I want to run the screen in portrait mode. I can get the screen to rotate as per your fix on other posts, but the touch part of the screen stays in landscape mode.
Can you help as we need an urgent fix. We have two kiosk type units built for a show in New York on the 15th of January 2018. We may have to use a windows board instead of Tinker because of this problem. Can you help.
We are planing to build 1000 of these units this year and would very much like to use Tinker Board with the Asus VT168H screen.
Please see my previous post showing pictures of the Kiosk.
Thanks Alf

Can you try this ? It should fix the touch issue after rotation.
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...ml#pid3863
Thanks Jamess the fix worked great. Appreciate the assistance.

Thanks Alf