This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can i use UART port in board ?
can i use pin8 (UART1TX )  pin9 (UART1RX) connect to my PC for serial communication , if ok ,what the baud ?
Hi, on the pins 8 and 10 is the debug port active, so you can't use it for your own. I think to change this must be modified the u-boot. But you can enable the pins 13 and 15 UART4 by changing the device tree. Unfortunately need to compile the kernel and flash the resource.img for this. I tried and it works, if in rk3288-miniarm.dts is added this:
Code:
&uart_exp {
       status = "okay";
       pinctrl-0 = <&uart4_xfer>;
};

Then you get the /dev/ttyS4 at pins 13 and 15.
The baud rate you can set with "busybox stty -F /dev/ttyS4 115200", but need root for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lobo's post:
  • vivekb
thanks for this Smile
Hi, I found that the ttyS2 also is stripped to th 40p header at pins 32 and 33. So it would not be needed to compile a kernel. But what I don't know is, why they are configured as bluetooth group and bluetooth net_bt_stack user and if the port is used for bluetooth.
Maybe a tinker board engineer can give this information?