This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How are you using your Tinkerboard?
My self I'm using mine as my Linux desktop.  My PC is a windows box because I have things I need to run that have no Linux equivalent.  But there are times where only Linux can do the job (at least easily) :-)
(12-10-2017, 04:37 PM)n8xyn Wrote: My self I'm using mine as my Linux desktop.  My PC is a windows box because I have things I need to run that have no Linux equivalent.  But there are times where only Linux can do the job (at least easily) :-)

I'm using mine as my main PC.
It quicker than my windows 10 PC.
Plus Libroffice is great and free.
[-] The following 2 users Like Z80's post:
  • gregb49, hartraft
Lightweight kids pc.
Netflix TV-box for kids Big Grin
Still undecided while i try out this little board. Very impressed by it so far - but yet disappointed also.... But i am encouraged by the members here posting some pretty clever stuff! If the user base of this little board can become as large as the Pi followers then we will see some pretty amazing uses for this device!

Keep up the Tinkering folks Smile
(12-15-2017, 07:38 PM)Zanthras4 Wrote: Still undecided while i try out this little board.  Very impressed by it so far - but yet disappointed also....  But i am encouraged by the members here posting some pretty clever stuff!  If the user base of this little board can become as large as the Pi followers then we will see some pretty amazing uses for this device!

Keep up the Tinkering folks Smile

It'll never be as big as the Pi user base but,  It could easily be as big as the Odroid's and that aint bad ;-)
Hi,
I'm using it with RetroX for playing old games !
Minidlna server (home media server) with qbittorrent (stuff), vpn client (Change the tinkerboards external ip), and filebot (sort qbittorrent files)
trying to add even more on to itSmile
LibreELEC at the moment.
Some people are trying to make money.

https://www.novaspirit.com/2017/10/19/cr...ining-sbc/
https://www.novaspirit.com/2017/12/21/gp...nkerboard/