This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How are you using your Tinkerboard?
HAppy New Year fro Down Under.

I created a FoamBoard vintage Mac profile case to contain my 7" LCD screen and decoder ($40 AUD from e-bay), TinkerBoard/Raspberry Pi 2/3, battery (10000 mAh 2 x 5v/3A output) and cables. I'm using a USB powered Logitech K400 Plus keyboard/trackpad combo.

While this setup works fine for the lower powered RPi 2/3, I noticed periodic loss of video signal for a couple of seconds at random intervals. Today I added a second 5600 mAh battery which has 1 x 5V1A and 1 x 5V/2.1A USB outlets. Hooking up the second 5V/1A connector has solved the screen blanking issues.

Obviously as a more powerful system the TinkerBoard sucks just enough extra energy to cause power continuity issues. I would have used the extra 5V/2.1A outlet but it's flacky having being dropped once or twice.

Good news is I will have plenty of battery life to add powered speaker and TinkerBoard flies when compared to RPi3. Also TB immediately uses the LCD screens 1024 x 600 resolution, where RPi3 can only use 800 x 600 unless extra software is added.

Here is Perth Western Australia, I'm loving the speed and stability of TinkerOS 2.0 (Linaro). It seems just as good as RPi Pixel with a nicer desktop look - less fussy. The extra oomph and 2GB RAM really do make Web browsing a nice experience.

Cheers all, IAN
I bought the tinker board 1 week ago and now I'm using It for multiple porpuse. My board is always on with telegram bot, discord bot and Google assistant, and it's perfect *.* I used It for a modded Minecraft server too but there were many problems, probably cause of the I/O limit.
I bought it recently, with the intention to use it as a presentation computer, to display continuously in a monitor Libreoffice Impress presentations, videos, slideshows, etc.
I have two micro sd cards. One has Lakka on it for retro gaming and the other I installed Android on it and just use it as a media center.
I'm using mine to crunch some Seti@home workunits.  

Willy
(01-06-2018, 05:21 PM)williamgcastro Wrote: I'm using mine to crunch some Seti@home workunits.  

Willy

How long does it take to knockout a work unit?
(01-06-2018, 05:46 PM)n8xyn Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 05:21 PM)williamgcastro Wrote: I'm using mine to crunch some Seti@home workunits.  

Willy

9:06:46 according the boinc manager
(01-10-2018, 01:53 AM)williamgcastro Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 05:46 PM)n8xyn Wrote:

Willy

9:06:46 according the boinc manager

That's pretty quick, not bad at all, thanks...
I am building an install and test device for 1Gb internet. It is for my job, CATV installer, we need a way to reliably provision modems and test internet speeds. So far i have seen one speed test at 575mb/s download, upload 75mb/s, any one know what is the actual top speed of the lan and wifi?
At the moment im doing my end internship at a company that wants to poort and optimize their exisiting object recognition software to a small Linux SBC. In this case im using the Tinker Board to achieve this Smile