This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Fan stays on after shutdown
Coming from a Raspberry Pi background (somewhat..) i've been really impressed with the power of the Tinker Board so far. Been playing around with it this past week and i'm enjoying it so far. However, i noticed one that when using a USB fan - i have a 40mm fan which is perfect for cooling - it stays on running after the Tinker Board shuts down. I would have to disconnect the micro-usb to stop power from going into the USB ports. This doesn't happen with the Raspberry Pi, it just turns off when it safely shut downs which is great. Any ideas on this? Or do i need to use the GPIO fan instead?
Power goes to GPIO pins after shutdown as well
(11-03-2017, 06:01 AM)ra51 Wrote: Coming from a Raspberry Pi background (somewhat..) i've been really impressed with the power of the Tinker Board so far. Been playing around with it this past week and i'm enjoying it so far. However, i noticed one that when using a USB fan - i have a 40mm fan which is perfect for cooling - it stays on running after the Tinker Board shuts down. I would have to disconnect the micro-usb to stop power from going into the USB ports. This doesn't happen with the Raspberry Pi, it just turns off when it safely shut downs which is great. Any ideas on this? Or do i need to use the GPIO fan instead?

Yes, the 5v pins 4 and 6 do not shutdown.  So the usb fan voltages must have the same issue.
Only the 3.4v pins shutdown, pin 1 and 14 or 20.
Yes, the USB supply is tied directly to the Vin supply, and is not regulated by the rk808, as shown on the board schematic
Oh, interesting. So a 5V fan on one of the 3V pins should power off. Good to know!
Pin 1 and pin 14 I think or 17. I think 17 won't turn off. There are 3 black pins.

(11-17-2017, 12:55 AM)BeauSlim Wrote: Oh, interesting.  So a 5V fan on one of the 3V pins should power off.  Good to know!

Pin 1 and pin 14.  There are 3 black pins.