This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB keyboard not working
hey guys, just got around to setting up my TB & everything working fine except I can't get my keyboard to work? it's working fine on both my PC and Amiga but other than a brief blip of the led on the TB when first installed it's dead.
I can pick up another USB keyboard for very cheap and try but just wondering if there's anything else I can try ?
(09-10-2017, 06:40 PM)f1lupo Wrote: hey guys, just got around to setting up my TB & everything working fine except I can't get my keyboard to work? it's working fine on both my PC and Amiga but other than a brief blip of the led on the TB when first installed it's dead.
I can pick up another USB keyboard for very cheap and try but just wondering if there's anything else I can try ?

Hi,

May I know
1. The image version of Tinker Board
2. which usb Keyboard do you use

Thanks.
(09-11-2017, 03:24 AM)jamess Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 06:40 PM)f1lupo Wrote: hey guys, just got around to setting up my TB & everything working fine except I can't get my keyboard to work? it's working fine on both my PC and Amiga but other than a brief blip of the led on the TB when first installed it's dead.

Hi,

May I know

Thanks.

Hi, the image version is mikerr's image here: https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-69.html
- the keyboard is a SMART model Ez-9900 which I've had for a good 6 years or so

thanks
(09-11-2017, 02:24 PM)f1lupo Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 03:24 AM)jamess Wrote:

Hi,

May I know

Thanks.

Hi, the image version is mikerr's image here: https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-69.html
- the keyboard is a SMART model Ez-9900 which I've had for a good 6 years or so

thanks

Hi,
    1. There are so many image version in the link, could you kindly point out which one do you use ? thanks
    2. I cannot find the keyboard on eBay or Amazon (had been sold out)
        could you provide the kernel log after you plugin the usb keyboard
        a. plugin keyboard, then run the following cmd in the terminal
        b. $ dmesg > kernel.log
This may be a power issue. Try a powered USB hub if you haven't yet.
@ Vinci

no worries as it was an old full size keyboard and I ended up getting a mini keyboard so I can use it while on the couch when TB hooked up to my TV and all works straight out of the box Smile

@ mods

please update the thread title to solved, thanks!