This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waveshare 7" Touchscreen
I can't get a Waveshare 7"" touchsceen display output when connectected to a Tinker Board running TinkerOS_Debian V1.8.

On the RasPi there was a file for configuring the HDMI display when this happened.  Is there equivalent settings for TinkerOS?

Thanks,

Martin
(07-12-2017, 12:29 AM)MartinR Wrote: I can't get a Waveshare 7"" touchsceen display output when connectected to a Tinker Board running TinkerOS_Debian V1.8.
On the RasPi there was a file for configuring the HDMI display when this happened.  Is there equivalent settings for TinkerOS?

I checked RPI thread.
I see following problems:
  1. low quality (need to resolder resistors)
  2. high power load from USB (try to reconnect over external powered hub capable 1A loads or directly from compatible USB power supply/charger)
  3. some problem with EDID (eg. maybe weird data from DCC) and/or with pixel frequency matching
If you resolved 1-2 let's try to resolve 3. Need more information about EDID - try testing section (Step A only) from this post and post output here. If you get EDID output but still not video output you have problem with with pixel frequency matching then you can continue next steps or jump to next post patch (but patch may be insufficient with probability of 50%).
I left this community in Aug 2017 due to ASUS bad product quality and ASUS community support that did not match my expectation.  Sad
I also have a Waveshare 7"" touchsceen, and it could work with rockchip 4.4 kernel.
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/kernel
The Waveshare display works with other devices.
I am using a powered hub with 3A supply in addition to the USB 2A supply

I just tried TinkerOS Ver 1.9 I did see the boot and get some GUI display, then crash.

I'll try the rockchip 4.4 kernel next.
(07-15-2017, 03:32 AM)MartinR Wrote: The Waveshare display works with other devices.
I am using a powered hub with 3A supply in addition to the USB 2A supply

I just tried TinkerOS Ver 1.9 I did see the boot and get some GUI display, then crash.

I'll try the rockchip 4.4 kernel next.

No Luck with kernel but TinkerOS Ver 1.9beta does work but the display is a little torn up.  Wrong refresh speed?
xrandr works but can't seem to find a refresh rate that xrandr accepts
Fixed in latest OS 2.0 beta!
Yes mine works too.  I also have a 3,5inch hat which attaches to the GPIO.  I attached it to the Tinkerboard and it manages to power on, but there is no display.  I looked at the sd card and there are waveshare drivers for 3.2 and 3.5 inch hats.  I wonder if the GPIO pins are different to the Raspberry's and that I need to connect to the different pins?
Odroid XU4, XU4Q, C2
Asus Tinkerboard
3 x Raspberry Pi3
Seriously considering a Rock64