This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Micro SD Card Do I Get?
Yes a noob question but I have a reason why lol

Getting a bit fed up with my slow micro sd card so been looking into getting a more "compatible one" as i'm a person who can't wait its Argos for me lol But something has confused me with their selection of cards.

I understand the ATB is UHS compatible so is it UHS-I or UHS-II or UHS-III?

I know an UHS-III card has an extra row of pins so be useless in an UHS-I slot i gather? So what card do go for?

SanDisk Extreme 90MBs MicroSD 4K Ready Memory Card - 32GB (what they name it and has Micro SD HC I U3 printed on it)

SanDisk Extreme 90 MB/s MicroSD - 128GB (what they name it and has Micro SD XC I U3 V30 printed on it)

SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MBs MicroSD 4K Ready Memory Card - 16GB (what they name it and has Micro SD HC I U1 printed on it)

Samsung MB-MP64DAEU 64GB Evo MicroSDHC Card with Adaptor (what they name it and has Micro SD HC I U1 printed on it)

Samsung 128GB Evo Plus SD Flash Card Adaptor (what they name it and has Micro SD HC I U1 printed on it)

Samsung 64GB Pro Plus SD Flash Card Adaptor (what they name it and has Micro SD XC I U3 printed on it)

Samsung 64GB Evo Pro Plus SD Flash Card (what they name it and has Micro SD XC I U3 printed on it)

Note that i know the differance between HC & XC but the prices are weird and the most expensive for size is the SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MBs MicroSD 4K Ready Memory Card - 16GB at £49.99

So yeah what one would be best suited to the board?
Hi

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2520/:
Quote:Ultra High Speed, Phase I (UHS-I) bus design for SDHC and SDXC cards was added in SD spec 3.0. This is a design enhancement to increase the performance of SDHC/SDXC cards.

UHS-I specification defines two bus architecture options for up to 50MB/s (UHS-50) and 104MB/s (UHS-104) data transfer rates. These are theoretical maximum limits and actual maximum performance for a specific card is defined on it label or in advertising.

UHS is an enhancement to the original SD interface specifications. Host devices will obtain the UHS maximum speed when both the card and host device support UHS. Otherwise, the host device and card will use the slower SD maximum speed obtainable.

There is no compatibility problem using a UHS card with a non-UHS device.

Also can check here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDXC

Quote:UHS-I
Specified in SD version 3.01,[30] supports a clock frequency of 100 MHz (a quadrupling of the original "Default Speed"), which in four-bit transfer mode could transfer 50 MB/s (SDR50). UHS-I cards declared as UHS104 (SDR104) also support a clock frequency of 208 MHz, which could transfer 104 MB/s. Double data rate operation at 50 MHz (DDR50) is also specified in Version 3.01, and is mandatory for microSDHC and microSDXC cards labeled as UHS-I. In this mode, four bits are transferred when the clock signal rises and another four bits when it falls, transferring an entire byte on each full clock cycle, hence a 50 MB/s operation could be transferred using a 50 MHz clock.
UHS-II
Specified in version 4.0, further raises the data transfer rate to a theoretical maximum of 156 MB/s (full duplex) or 312 MB/s (half duplex) using an additional row of pins[31][32] (a total of 17 pins for full-size and 16 pins for micro-size cards).[27]
UHS-III
Version 6.0, released in February 2017, added two new data rates to the standard. FD312 provides 312 MB/s while FD624 doubles that. Both are full-duplex. The physical interface and pin-layout are the same as with UHS-II, retaining backward compatibility.[33]
UHS-I, Specified in SD version 3.01
UHS-II, Specified in SD version 4.0
UHS-III, Specified in SD version 6.0

Then, Tinker Board is supported SD 3.0 as the product page's overview said, so it is clearly for UHS-I.
Thank you