This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 7 inch touch display not working
Thank you. The vid/pid is the same with the Odroid VU7 (without +). Not sure if it works out of the box. But if you are able to compile custom kernel, i am sure you can get it to work. You'll find help here.
Interesting...but shouldn't vid/pid be the same as the VU7+, not the VU7? The VU7 has a lower resolution (800x480) compared to the 1024x600 Waveshare display I'm using.

Anyways I might be buying an Odroid C2 instead of a tinker board, but thanks for your help
Yes it is like this. My VU7+ has pid 0x0705. But the Waveshare/Egalax models are known that they have double pids over their model range. This makes it difficult to know if the model is supported or not.
Anyway, i am user of Odroid C2 too. I can say that each, the TB or the C2 have their advantage.
The C2 doesn't have the wifi and bluetooth on board, as the TB. Also the TB has a quit well 3.5mm audio output.
The C2 doesn't have a spi bus on the gpio.
But the C2 has better forum support and kernel and Android sources are open.
The C2 has emmc optional and this makes it faster opening apps.
Also there is a better support for different hdmi resolution on the C2, it can be selected in boot.ini text file.
Thanks for your info. I didn't realize that the C2 doesn't have a 3.5mm audio port, but I'll figure out a workaround.
Does anyone have more up to date information on whether the Raspberry 7" Touchscreen works (out of the box or at all, ideally with some instructions in that case Smile ) on the TinkerBoard (S) with the current Android release (13.13.0.74)?

Would like to switch one of my Raspberry's for a TB for the way better Android performance, but this one already has the official touchscreen with a case so I'd like to keep that Smile
PS: Of course it's 14.2.2.73 that's current, for some reason I was scrolled back in the forum history Big Grin
Hi I am using TinkerBoard S with this display and current Nougat version without problems.
(06-07-2019, 03:09 PM)maartinus Wrote: Hi I am using TinkerBoard S with this display and current Nougat version without problems.
Hi Maartinus,

thanks for your reply. I'm wondering now as I found a post in the release thread for the latest version stating it does not work (https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...l#pid10596).
Can you give any more details? As in did you have to modify any files or did it just work out of the box? I assume the wiring is the same as with the Raspberry Pi? Can you turn the display on/off in some way or does it have to always stay on?

Regards,
Chris
Display has worked on the first try without any modifications. I only had to modify build.prop because of portrait mode. But, there is not possible to turn display on by touch. This function must be deactivated in the developer settings
(01-14-2018, 01:44 PM)lobo Wrote: Thank you. The vid/pid is the same with the Odroid VU7 (without +). Not sure if it works out of the box. But if you are able to compile custom kernel, i am sure you can get it to work. You'll find help here.

hi guys,
what should i search to get help exactly for this aspect - of installing the waveshare driver on a kernel.
how do i create this driver file?

i guess it does not matter that i am on a different ubuntu /linux version, correct?
if yes, i can switch.