This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 7 inch touch display not working
(08-11-2017, 04:22 PM)aspartamed Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 10:43 AM)JGX Wrote: In another thread, I have been informed that standard touchscreen using a USB connector work fine.
The official RPI 7" TS does not use an USB connector but the DSI/GPIO.
It seems that Android does not activate or recognize this touch panel driver.
One solution would be to convert the official RPI TS connection into a USB one.
I will investigate if there is a way to interface the SCL/SDA wires coming from the RPI 7"TS to a USB connector.

The other option would be to get Androiod able to use the DSI or GPIO interface.
I have quite no knowledge on  Android, any help would be appreciated

I am looking to buy a touch screen to use with android. Do you know what "standard touch screen using a USB connector" are called I would like to buy a touch display for testing. Or if you dont know maybe you could link to that other thread since I cant find it.

Thanks!

https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...ml#pid1680 post#5

I have tried the waveshare 7" 1068x600 TS. Touchscreen functionality is ON but quite unusable as it is not calibrated.
Finger touch is shifted on the screen. In addition the display is truncated and unstable.
I am also looking for an Android compatible 7" TS. If I find out, I let you know.
Hi Guys,
a new release of Android is out.
This release solves the DSI issue and makes the RPI 7" official touch screen work perfectly.
(08-21-2017, 07:32 AM)JGX Wrote: Hi Guys,
This release solves the DSI issue and makes the RPI 7" official touch screen work perfectly.

Just tried to download it from the ASUS site and it's the same version from May.
(08-21-2017, 02:24 PM)miguelt678 Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 07:32 AM)JGX Wrote: Hi Guys,

Just tried to download it from the ASUS site and it's the same version from May.

Go there:
https://www.asus.com/uk/supportonly/TInk..._Download/
I got it to work. You need to configure the GPIO correctly with SDA and SPI connected. Also you'll need to power both the micro USB on the display as well as the Tinkerboard itself. I have a visual aid for the GPIO if necessary.

On the display adapter board ( 1, 2, 3, 4 from left to right ). 1 = gnd 2 = SCL 3 = SDA 4 = 5v power:

on the Asus GPIO 1 goes to ( their number six, but 3 down on right ), 2 goes to 5, but 3 down on left, 3 goes to 3, but 2 down on left, and finally, 4 goes to 2 but one down on right.

If clarification is required, let me know. Also be sure your ribbon cable is squarely embedded and secured.

An issue I have encountered using this display is that it draws power from the wifi and causes connection disrupts. This can be very annoying and I am about to try two dongle types with drivers in case it is a board vs I/O issue, but as of yet I've only had one website fully load out of about one hundred attempts with about three dozen restarts and reconfigurations. If anyone has a solution to wifi cutting out I'd appreciate that very much.
Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying a Tinker Board and using it with a Waveshare driverless 7" HDMI touchscreen. Can you let me know if Android supports touch gestures like scrolling and zooming, and does it include a virtual keyboard like on a regular Android phone/tablet?
Thanks.
Your link points to an empty page. Do refer to the "7inch HDMI LCD ©"? If yes, this can't be called driverless. Depending on the Version you will need to add an extra driver dwav-usb.mt.c to the kernel or from V2.1 onward it is needed to add the vid/pid to the hid-multitouch. But you also can be lucky, if it supports the generic multitouch device. You would need to try it. If it works out of the box, you will need to add an idc-file to the Android. If it don't work out of the box, you would need to compile your custom kernel.
And yes, once it works, you'll have touch gestures and virtual keyboard.
(01-14-2018, 10:51 AM)lobo Wrote: Your link points to an empty page. Do refer to the "7inch HDMI LCD ©"? If yes, this can't be called driverless. Depending on the Version you will need to add an extra driver dwav-usb.mt.c to the kernel or from V2.1 onward it is needed to add the vid/pid to the hid-multitouch. But you also can be lucky, if it supports the generic multitouch device. You would need to try it. If it works out of the box, you will need to add an idc-file to the Android. If it don't work out of the box, you would need to compile your custom kernel.
And yes, once it works, you'll have touch gestures and virtual keyboard.

Thanks for your info. I'm using v2.1 and I'll try out your suggestions if I decide to buy a Tinker Board.
Okay, then you can check with lsusb the vid/pid of this touchscreen and post here? Would be interesting if it is the same as the Odroid VU7+ touchscreen.
(01-14-2018, 12:50 PM)lobo Wrote: Okay, then you can check with lsusb the vid/pid of this touchscreen and post here? Would be interesting if it is the same as the Odroid VU7+ touchscreen.

I got this:

Bus 020 Device 008: ID 0eef:0005 D-WAV SCIENTIFIC CO., LTD. WaveShare Touchscreen  Serial: 2016-11-06

so the vendor id is 0eef and product id is 0005