This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
it just keeps resetting, turning off... *UPDATE*
hey all, i'm sort of regretting purchasing this thing.

i guess my main problem is that with keyboard and mouse plugged in it just keeps rebooting and shutting off. i imagine this is power related? i am using a 2amp output adapter... and the thickest micro usb cable i could come up with.

also, i have to wonder. although ostensibly this product is presented as a tinkerers tool, it seems (in my pessimistic view) more like a glorified firestick or kodo box. maybe as the community grows it will seem more versatile? right now i am at a loss for what to do with it.

*UPDATE*

so i got a 3amp, 5volt pi adapter. booted it up and now nothing works! did i kill the hardware? kill the software?

the tinker board won't fit the pimoroni pbou case i bought.

why is this venture so ill-fated!?
(05-11-2017, 03:10 AM)inahd Wrote: hey all, i'm sort of regretting purchasing this thing.

i guess my main problem is that with keyboard and mouse plugged in it just keeps rebooting and shutting off. i imagine this is power related? i am using a 2amp output adapter... and the thickest micro usb cable i could come up with.

also, i have to wonder. although ostensibly this product is presented as a tinkerers tool, it seems (in my pessimistic view) more like a glorified firestick or kodo box. maybe as the community grows it will seem more versatile? right now i am at a loss for what to do with it. or kodo box. maybe as the community grows it will seem more versatile? right now i am at a loss for what to do with it.

Hi inahd,

Did you try to boot up system without your keyboard & mouse?
I have a experience about a keyboard, it sometime take too more power (1~3A). 
Not sure why, maybe is that keyboard have some damage? Because other same keyboard have not this issue.

So maybe can try without keyboard & mouse first, figure out is or not is power issue.
resetting is surely a power issue. Try a different walwart/brick. i think everyone here probably tried a psu that powered the rpi3 fine. Just needs a little more that 2amp i.e 2.4amp seems to be the sweet spot.
ok i guess i have to find a 2.5 amp charger, or a powered usb hub. it will boot without the peripherals, suprisingly fast even.
reinstalled TinkerOS.... all peripherals are dead.
did u get a 2.4amp charger ?
(05-12-2017, 07:02 AM)boudicca Wrote: did u get a 2.4amp charger ?

3.0, 5.1 v pi charger Sad
(05-11-2017, 06:48 AM)boudicca Wrote: resetting is surely a power issue. Try a different walwart/brick. i think everyone here probably tried a psu that powered the rpi3 fine. Just needs a little more that 2amp i.e 2.4amp seems to be the sweet spot.

Nope. Your all problem is called under-voltage or voltage drop. Higher amperage ratings are absolutely useless since you've to focus on the cable between PSU and your board. If you do a search on eg. Amazon for '20 awg micro usb' and choose such a short cable you can solve one problem (huge voltage drops) but you need a solder iron to fix the other problem (Micro USB rated for 1.8A max!).

TL;DR: Micro USB for such a powerful board is an insane design fail. ASUS engineers most probably knew, management didn't care.

Details: https://forum.armbian.com/index.php?/top...ment=31711