This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound through HDMI?!
Hi everyone. I'm new to tinkerboard so this might not be a difficult issue to solve.
I have tried a couple of OS's on my tinker so far, but I have settled on the idea of android. The problem is, I have no sound through HDMI.
I originally tested 20170511-tinker-board-android-marshmallow-userdebug-v13.11.0.4.img which worked perfectly for a few hours. It had sound, the couple of apps I tried worked etc. However after shutting down, it never booted up again, I just got a black screen, sometimes with 4 penguins at the top, but nothing else.
Next I tried 20190515-tinker-board-android-nougat-userdebug-v14.3.2.82.img and 20190103-tinker-board-android-nougat-userdebug-v14.2.2.73.img. Both booted fine, even after restarts, however neither have audio at all. I tried googling a solution but after double checking my settings and even manually fiddling with the audio setting through adb, still no audio.

I have just this second downloaded 20191227-tinker-board-android-nougat-userdebug-v14.4.0.5.img which I will try today.

Does anyone know the solution to this issue? I'm using the 'normal' tinker board, (not the S) and have also tested on 2 different TV's.

Thanks in advance.

[edit] Audio works through the headphone jack no matter what my output settings are.