This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard Odd behaviour.
Very often I find that when typing, keyboard presses are not recognized and do not appear on screen. I have tried several different keyboards with no luck to this very strange problem.  I do not notice this behavior on the Rasberry Pi.

Has Anyone else noticed this issue, or have advice as to how to resolve this issue?  It is very frustrating and is preventing me from moving forward with this board.
(05-02-2017, 04:15 PM)Romonaga Wrote: Very often I find that when typing, keyboard presses are not recognized and do not appear on screen. I have tried several different keyboards with no luck to this very strange problem.  I do not notice this behavior on the Rasberry Pi.

Has Anyone else noticed this issue, or have advice as to how to resolve this issue?  It is very frustrating and is preventing me from moving forward with this board.
Yes, I did when my board was running in cpufreq scaling mode "powersave".
It did not only cause keyboard problems, my USB Audio DAC went haywire too.
I set the governor to "performance" (and mounted the heatsink), problem solved.
I still have not found a solution to this issue. It seems that the USB port just stops working.  I have tested this on all 4 of my tinkerboard results are the same.

I have also tried several different keyboards.  No one else is seeing this issue?
Seems Lighted Keyboards are too much for the supply to the USB. Switched to a non lighted one problem went away.
doh. good news