This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing OS
Hi,
I am completely new to SBCs. I have a Tinker Board S. I am currently running Tinker OS, which boots from the emmc. I would like to change to a different OS, but have no idea how to do this. Do I just re-flash the emmc or do I need to format it first?
Thanks,
Andy
Just re-flash eMMC. Nothing to format.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
Thank you
That didn't work. Just reflashed emmc with xubuntu, but now it won't boot at all. Just gives me a stream of text. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm very new to this.
> Just reflashed emmc with xubuntu

Armbian works, for the rest, you need luck at least Smile
That didn't work. Just reflashed emmc with xubuntu, but now it won't boot at all.
Thank you  Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
(01-23-2020, 09:51 AM)mak mas Wrote: That didn't work. Just reflashed emmc with xubuntu, but now it won't boot at all.
Thank you

If you have random problems, your PSU / cable combo is bad. Mine works only with one cable, while it crashes / fail to boot with others.

Most important things you need to know are written here:
https://www.armbian.com/tinkerboard/

Also with links to recover eMMC in case you somehow break it. Images are tested.