This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy?
Hi,

Back in February, I tried to order a couple from CPC... got "not available" and "we do not ship to Canada".  I also asked Asus about samples, and never received a response.

After the announcement of "availability" I was looking to buy a couple of Tinker boards to evaluate its compatibility with my Pi products.

I followed the link to Amazon, and instead of $54.99USD the sole source is listing it for $120USD + "free shipping"

Shipping for an item like this USPS to Canada is <$12

Does anyone know where I could order two at a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Bill
These guys seem to ship worldwide:

https://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/ch/cata...lt/?q=asus
Thank you for the link.

They have joined the ranks of sellers who bundle over priced accessories... $75 for a tinker board and 16Gb flash card worth ~$5US.

Shipping to Canada is not bad - $15USD

(04-28-2017, 06:24 PM)tinkerthis Wrote: These guys seem to ship worldwide:

https://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/ch/cata...lt/?q=asus
Tinker Board is now distributed over ASUS distribution channels. Please check/ask nearest ASUS computer part distributor in CA (select motherboards). There are over 40 online shops and uncountable local branches with Tinker Board in CZ now (eg. one online shop per 250k inhabitants) some with Europe-wide distribution. Check your favorite price comparison site UK or DE or google with product number "90MB0QY1-M0EAY0". Check if some of those shops can ship outside EU. Check also ASUS US site.
I left this community in Aug 2017 due to ASUS bad product quality and ASUS community support that did not match my expectation.  Sad
I picked mine up yesterday locally at Microcenter, a local computer store. Perhaps you have something similar around?
Bought mine under 59€ at Reichelt. Got it after two days.
Thanks guys, will look into them.