This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No audio
Hello, I have been trying to get my tinkerboard up and running for some time now and even contacting Asus has been a dead end.  so far I have not been able to get any audio working thought the HDMI or audio jack.  Any information will be a large help.  Thanks.
Out of the box the audio was not enabled.
In a terminal Do:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Try again
(03-12-2017, 08:53 PM)Electrohacker Wrote: Hello, I have been trying to get my tinkerboard up and running for some time now and even contacting Asus has been a dead end.  so far I have not been able to get any audio working thought the HDMI or audio jack.  Any information will be a large help.  Thanks.

Did you try "PulseAudio Volume Control".
("Menu" > "Sound & Video" > "PulseAudio Volume Control")

Checkout what "Output Device" has been selected. 
Or you can change(switch is "Green Tick") "Output Device" as like as you wish.

"Headset-Output" is 3.5 AUX Audio Jack
"rockchip.miniarm-codec Analog Stereo" is HDMI Audio

Try it again Smile
I have tried both of your suggestions with no luck, I can see the meter moving in the pulse volume control, but no audi still in either HDMI or the headphone jack.
Install Kodi

sudo apt-get install kodi

Make sure the settings point to the output you are testing, and use Kodi as your sound source. i.e. play an mp3 or a movie. Kodi may update the drivers that are not working.
(03-13-2017, 03:02 AM)Electrohacker Wrote: I have tried both of your suggestions with no luck, I can see the meter moving in the pulse volume control, but no audi still in either HDMI or the headphone jack.

Hi,

I just wanted to check are you using a cable with 4 pole 3.5mm jack split out to 1) Stereo Audio and 2) Microphone?.

Regards

Nick
(03-13-2017, 04:25 PM)euler Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 03:02 AM)Electrohacker Wrote: I have tried both of your suggestions with no luck, I can see the meter moving in the pulse volume control, but no audi still in either HDMI or the headphone jack.

Hi,

I just wanted to check are you using a cable with 4 pole 3.5mm jack split out to 1) Stereo Audio and 2) Microphone?.

Regards

Nick

I am using the ones i use with my phone which have a mic.  Also i have kodi installed no audio there either.
What player do you use?
(03-15-2017, 09:21 AM)yi-hsin_hung Wrote: What player do you use?

Youtube in the Browser
(03-15-2017, 02:21 PM)Electrohacker Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 09:21 AM)yi-hsin_hung Wrote: What player do you use?

Youtube in the Browser
Hi
   Please help to provide the following infomation to us. Thank a lot!

1. aplay -l
2. cat /proc/asound/cards
3. capture the the following picture to us
    a. open youtube
    b. open "PulseAudio Volume Control --> Playback --> capture"