This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal memory with eMMC
Hi friends, I have a question.

If I install "TinkerOS" in the internal memory of TinkerBoard S Is it possible that if I insert a microsd memory I recognize it as a storage disk?

Thnx!!  Rolleyes
José CardeLL
(09-19-2019, 02:11 PM)cardell Wrote: Hi friends, I have a question.

If I install "TinkerOS" in the internal memory of TinkerBoard S Is it possible that if I insert a microsd memory I recognize it as a storage disk?

Thnx!!  Rolleyes

Yes

Algenon
[-] The following 1 user Likes Algenon's post:
  • cardell
It's not OS dependent, even other OS don't find the eMMC, when booting from the SD card.
It might be an issue on the dtb passed at boot time. which is left to volunteers to fix such case, Asus staff seems to be vacant about it.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Im4Tinker's post:
  • cardell
Thnx 4 u response but its not for booting of micro sd, the booting is in the internal memory of TinkerBoard S with the OS. I just want to know if inserting a micro SD card this is storage memory booting from internal memory as I said before ?

(09-20-2019, 01:53 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: It's not OS dependent, even other OS don't find the eMMC, when booting from the SD card.
It might be an issue on the dtb passed at boot time. which is left to volunteers to fix such case, Asus staff seems to be vacant about it.
José CardeLL
(09-20-2019, 02:28 PM)cardell Wrote: Thnx 4 u response but its not for booting of micro sd, the booting is in the internal memory of TinkerBoard S with the OS. I just want to know if inserting a micro SD card this is storage memory booting from internal memory as I said before ?

The answer is still 'Yes'

Im4Tinker just got a bit discombobulated.

Algenon
[-] The following 1 user Likes Algenon's post:
  • cardell
(09-20-2019, 02:33 PM)Algenon Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 02:28 PM)cardell Wrote: Thnx 4 u response but its not for booting of micro sd, the booting is in the internal memory of TinkerBoard S with the OS. I just want to know if inserting a micro SD card this is storage memory booting from internal memory as I said before ?

The answer is still 'Yes'

Im4Tinker just got a bit discombobulated.

Algenon

Thnx u so much Algenon!!  Wink
José CardeLL
(09-20-2019, 02:33 PM)Algenon Wrote: Im4Tinker just got a bit discombobulated.

Oh fine, I probably misunderstood.
The case is when booting from eMMC, the SD card is visible.
I tested and is also hot-swappable.
  • cardell
Hi friends!!
TinkerBoard does recognize the microSD, but when I want to cut or copy and paste it into the microSD, it gives me a "permission denied" error.
Do you know why it is?
Thnx!!
José CardeLL
(09-30-2019, 10:20 AM)cardell Wrote:  it gives me a "permission denied" error

Even if you have administrator privileges ?
  • cardell
(09-30-2019, 01:34 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 10:20 AM)cardell Wrote:  it gives me a "permission denied" error

Even if you have administrator privileges ?

Yes..
José CardeLL