This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ergonomics question
Hey guys! 
       Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but had a question for you all. I originally bought a tinker board to be a dedicated media player (music and movies) while also being able to double as a computer every once in awhile (internet, light editing). Im having a few problems with packaging it though so thought id refer to people with more expertise than this newb.
        Basically I'm trying to get a battery (maybe cellphone size) to fit between the 3.5 inch touch screen and the board, putting one there doesn't seem to be a huge issue (expect for maybe heating issues which I'm going to ask about in a different thread), but all the wires going everywhere doesn't make it pleasant or easy to put in your pocket which is ultimately what I'm trying to do.

So my question becomes two things;
 1) Could I flip the usb and micro usb to face inwards? or are there positive and negatives that are set on the board so doing so would short it?
 2) can I run the lcd touchscreen through the usb instead of the pins? 

Bonus question: Has anyone used a cellphone battery to power the tinker board? if so how'd ya do it???

Sorry if all this is rudimentary and you're all rolling your eyes at me. 
Cheers! 
-Sean
(09-18-2019, 07:56 AM)HumanoidTyphoon Wrote:         
        So my question becomes two things;
 1) Could I flip the usb and micro usb to face inwards? or are there positive and negatives that are set on the board so doing so would short it?
 2) can I run the lcd touchscreen through the usb instead of the pins? 

Bonus question: Has anyone used a cellphone battery to power the tinker board? if so how'd ya do it???

You cannot flip the USB connectors as they are polarised.  Plus the Tinkers board is multi layer so you will likely Rian Johnson the thing.

Bonus answer.  A cellphone battery will not last long enough to even catch fire.  So you will not even be able to warm your hands on it.

Algenon.