This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Sensitivity
So I just plugged in my board to a Power Supply that seems to amply supply for any other of my projects/SBC, and it will start booting and reboot. Is this the default handling of a lower power situation instead of throttling the system? I'm a bit surprised so far that I can't even get the thing functional out of the box with the 1.8 image that was released the other day. 

Anyone have any other ideas? I'll keep at it, including rewriting the chip if I need to. I know the chip is good, it was a straight reformat from a working system. 

-Will
try another usb brick walwart with at least 2.5amp as I had something similar first time.
It is a bit fussy about its power, you need a solid 2amp power, but much better with a 3amp
You also need a thicker cable, not only a 2amp power.
Yeah, micro USB is only second to make-believe when it comes to failing as a good way to deliver power to a device, especially when you hit anything over 1 Amp. Purpose built supplies or carefully selected/tested cables are your best bet.