This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated creation
Hello,

I would like to know how to create an update (update.zip) that we put in /data/media/0

And who will install the update

Thank you
(06-15-2019, 01:06 PM)JPX87 Wrote: Hello,

I would like to know how to create an update (update.zip) that we put in /data/media/0

And who will install the update

Thank you

Hi, I haven't made long time. But as I wrote down, it was after the compilation of the whole image:
Code:
cd {croot}/RKTools/linux/Linux_Pack_Firmware/rockdev
./collectImages.sh && ./mkupdate.sh
But remember that after installation of this update you'll get the pop up "There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details.".
Hello,

Yes I know but my problem is that I only have 8GB of RAM and so the build does not work
As for the problem of the pop pup, I think it comes from the date in build.prop
I think there is no way without to download the whole source tree and compile it once. BTW on which OS you are trying this?
Hello,
I used this repo:
repo init -u https://git@bitbucket.org/TinkerBoard_An...nifest.git -b sbc/tinkerboard/asus/Android-7.1.2
And you
and you
Yes, I was using the same. But I like to know what Os you are using to compile? Windows, Mac or Linux? I am using Linux Mint but my machine has 16 GB of ram. But I was also able to compile on a Linux VirtualBox with 8GB of ram.
Hello,
I have a computer under Ubuntu 18 with 8 GB of RAM, I do not use virtual machine.
Hello, what distribution have you virtualized?
I used Linux Mint 18.1, but normally you go well with Ubuntu 16.04.
With a quick search I found this ready made image for VirtualBox to build Android: