This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB mouse and keyboard not recognized
Hi Guys,

I am using tinker OS debian V2.0.8. Flash went good !! OS started up well without any issues. However, usb key board and mouse are not recognized. I tried all the usb ports, but it still doesn't work. I use Targus mouse and some basic key board.

I checked the input power. It's 5v 3A. I don't see any issues on that. Could you please help me? Thanks
(05-27-2019, 04:21 AM)raja Wrote: I don't see any issues on that.

I do.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4767-pow...micro-usb/
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
(05-27-2019, 04:51 AM)igorpec Wrote: [quote="raja" pid='10738' dateline='1558930861']I don't see any issues on that.

I do.

Hi Igorpec,

Thanks for your reply

I am using standard Rpi charger with 5v and 2.5A. I also tried mobile charger which gives 5v and 4A. None of them worked. Do you suspect other causes?
It is obvious that you haven't read what is on that link.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
You'll have to forgive Igor. He's tired of poorly designed SBCs that try to take power over micro USB and fail at it, causing an endless stream of questions in forums. It isn't just the Tinkerboard. Fortunately, most new boards seem to be offering barrel jacks or USB-C.

TLDR: Connect peripherals via a powered USB hub or power the Tinker via GPIO pins. No power supply plugged into the Tinker's micro USB will provide enough juice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BeauSlim's post:
  • igorpec
(05-27-2019, 09:37 AM)igorpec Wrote: It is obvious that you haven't read what is on that link.

Yes, I did. I have used shorter cables and a dedicated Rpi powering unit. I will share the picture of powering unit in a while. 

Thanks Beauslim. I will power it through GPIO pins.