This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debian upgrade help
Hi,

For myself and perhaps other newbies, could someone post a Sticky thread on how to upgrade OS please, as I have researched in vain.

Have downloaded Debian v1.4 file from Asus site, unzipped that to a targz file on my Windows desktop. Transferred that via USB stick to Downloads folder in TB, and have unzipped that with Xarchiver, so that I now have a new OS folder with sub-folders in Downloads.

I guess it is not as easy as copying these to the root directory. Need help to complete last stage please.

Thanks.
You cannot upgrade the new OS. 1.4 or 1.6 beta by copying it into a folder in the old 1.3 OS.

Using dd from Linux or win32diskimager in windows make a fresh micro SD card with the new OS and boot the TB with it.
Thank you for your help, francisco.

So it would be like starting from scratch. I would lose all my downloaded programs like Kodi and VLC stored on the microSD, and have to re-install them again.

Shame it can't be done with an apt-get upgrade type command.