This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Development Hardware
Hello everyone,

I'm really interested in buying the Tinker Board as a development device for my Android apps. Therefore I'd like to know if you can power the Tinker Board via the official Raspberry Pi Touchscreen and still use the other micro USB slot for data transmission while running Android OS with developer settings enabled.

I'd really appreciate if someone who already has a Tinker Board and the touchscreen lying around could test that or someone tell me if it isn't possible. Do you maybe also have a recommendation on getting the S model or just the original Tinker Board? Are there any benefits with load time or could there even be slight differences with the micro USB accessibility since I've read that the onboard storage is accessible if plugged into another computer?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings
(04-25-2019, 03:14 AM)ottermar Wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm really interested in buying the Tinker Board as a development device for my Android apps. Therefore I'd like to know if you can power the Tinker Board via the official Raspberry Pi Touchscreen and still use the other micro USB slot for data transmission while running Android OS with developer settings enabled.

I'd really appreciate if someone who already has a Tinker Board and the touchscreen lying around could test that or someone tell me if it isn't possible. Do you maybe also have a recommendation on getting the S model or just the original Tinker Board? Are there any benefits with load time or could there even be slight differences with the micro USB accessibility since I've read that the onboard storage is accessible if plugged into another computer?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Hi, 

I have original Tinkerboard and the RP touchscreen is powering via tinkerboard so no need extra power the touchscreen. However, if you want to separate power just connect SDA (pin3) and SCL (pin5) to the board and get external power for the screen.

Regards to the android, yes you can do the data transmission with other microsd. However, I am kinda noob for the Android Studio. And the studio can see tinkerboard, but cant install the applications over adb. (Maybe I am wrong or something) But usually it works with adb. Touch also works well.

The S model, I never used it.

Anyway, I am happy that I am still using them a lot, and planning to integrate it to my car (currently using win10 in car) and for me only the big issue is running gpio on android L There is no suitable apps, they always referring to remote gpio. I just installed android studio, try to learn by adding buttons and interact with gpio, I already failed Android studio <-> ADB library (and yes I am still noob) L