This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SanDisk A1 microSD cards work great
The A1 rated cards work really well with android!
Yes - and the A1 class is a great idea to show cards are optimised for App use in computers like the tinkerboard or pi

Previously cards were intended for cameras and sold on sequential speed only : class 6 / 10 / U1 all just refer to sequential transfers,
and make no mention of random read/writes or IOPS which is more relevent to OS use.

E.g. some U1 cards may have 20+ meg/sec sequential speeds but very poor IOPS to make them near unusable in android or linux...
(there was a thread on here about that: https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-1241.html )

https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photogr...nce-class/

A1 cards are specifically designed for our use on systems like the tinkerboard - so go buy them
I downloaded TinkerOS_Android V13.13.0.74 for my Tinker board s and burn it with Etcher on a Sandisk 16 Gb A1 card but it start by Etcher with the message "It looks like this is not a bootable image". If I refuse this warning and burn it on the sd card and put it in my Tinker board s, it will not start Android and the screen keep black no matter how long I wait, even after 30 min. If I do the same with Debian 2.0.5, the Tinker board s will boot and I can use Debian. Is there some thing I do wrong with Android because the same happen with the older versions of Android from the ASUS site.
SanDisk Extreme PLUS A1
or Sandisk Ultra A1 ?
(06-02-2018, 09:17 AM)nedstar Wrote: I downloaded TinkerOS_Android V13.13.0.74 for my Tinker board s and burn it with Etcher on a Sandisk 16 Gb A1 card but it start by Etcher with the message "It looks like this is not a bootable image". If I refuse this warning and burn it on the sd card and put it in my Tinker board s, it will not start Android and the screen keep black no matter how long I wait, even after 30 min. If I do the same with Debian 2.0.5, the Tinker board s will boot and I can use Debian. Is there some thing I do wrong with Android because the same happen with the older versions of Android from the ASUS site.

Did you select file "20180206-tinker-board-android-marshmallow-userdebug-v13.13.0.74.img" and use Win32DiskImager?
Big Grin  I'm Lyle.