This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android running slow
Question 
Android is running really slow. Takes a while to boot, upon booting it's freezes every now and then.

For instance, when I open settings to connect to wifi, it takes quite some time for networks to show up. After entering the password to my wifi network, it takes some time to connect.

When opening apps, it can freeze for a while (meaning mouse cursor etc non responsive) before it starts working.

Any idea why?

I'm using a 5.3V/2A samsung power supply so power shouldn't be an issue. The tinkerboard is supposed to draw 1.x amps and not the full 2.5amps as I saw on some tests.
The current build of Android on tinkerboard is very sensitive to brand/sizes of SD card :

https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-1241.html

Using the wrong brand will cause the symptoms you mention ...