This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pi Top v2 Support thread
Thumbs Up 
Hello,

with my pi-topCeed it seems to work with TinkerOS 2.0.8 Cool

I still have to configure automatic shutdown and brightness-control. For a better heat dissipation, I had to exchange the acrylic cover into an aluminum perforated sheet an install a small fan:
h t t p s://ibb.co/ySy8qDD

Cheers
Mark
While I was able to hack the bridge to allow for more cooling options I have yet to find an acceptable cooling solution for a Tinkerboard in the Pi-Top V2.  Anything with sufficient cooling will either interfere with the bridge or be too tall for the sliding keyboard to clear.  In the Pi-Top CEED, I'm trying a heat sink and dual fan combo that should work as long as I don't need to close up cover.

I gave up on the Tinkerboard S in the Pi-Top V2 and swapped in a S905 based board (Libre LePotato) that runs cooler on a passive heat sink that fits under the bridge.  Faster than a rPi but not as fast as the TinkerBoard.  On the other hand I can run the CPU at 100% with only some minor throttling as opposed to TinkerBoard which throttles within 5 minutes to the slowest speed.

While I was able to hack the bridge to allow for more cooling options I have yet to find an acceptable cooling solution for a Tinkerboard in the Pi-Top V2.  Anything with sufficient cooling will either interfere with the bridge or be too tall for the sliding keyboard to clear.  In the Pi-Top CEED, I'm trying a heat sink and dual fan combo that should work as long as I don't need to close up cover.

I gave up on the Tinkerboard S in the Pi-Top V2 and swapped in a S905 based board (Libre LePotato) that runs cooler on a passive heat sink that fits under the bridge.  Faster than a rPi but not as fast as the TinkerBoard.  On the other hand I can run the CPU at 100% with only some minor throttling as opposed to TinkerBoard which throttles within 5 minutes to the slowest speed.
So, I've done the same thing as everyone else has tried here and stuck a tinkerboard in a pi-top v2.

I did get the hub up and running with the power off script and I can get the battery information in the terminal with the pt-battery program. However, I can't seem to find the battery widget that gets installed when you install all the pi-top software with raspbian. Anyone know where to find the source for that widget?

BTW with thermal paste and a little bit of work on the bridge, I'm sitting at 50-55 C depending on load.
Sometimes I would reconfig device tree of the thermal policy.
To make sure short time's full load can hold full speed more time if possible, or change the reset point.
(But not suggest set point too high to totally ignore protection...)

here is the device tree source file:
https://github.com/TinkerBoard/debian_ke...k3288.dtsi

and modify below:
example: 80000 mean 80'c
Code:
                       thermal-sensors = <&tsadc 1>;
                       trips {
                               threshold: trip-point@0 {
                                       temperature = <80000>; /* millicelsius */
                                       hysteresis = <2000>; /* millicelsius */
                                       type = "passive";
                               };
                               target: trip-point@1 {
                                       temperature = <90000>; /* millicelsius */
                                       type = "passive";
                               };
                               soc_crit: soc-crit {
                                       temperature = <115000>; /* millicelsius */
                                       type = "critical";
                               };
                       };

can following this SOP, https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/wiki/index....are#Kernel to recompile dtb.
but I think Building stpe only need below step, if you are not prepare to compile whole kernel image.

Code:
$ cd debian_kernel
$ make rk3288-miniarm.dtb ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- -j16

or...usually I choose below method...(https://stackoverflow.com/a/51356662)
convert dtb back to dts. and compile it after modified.

open tinker os, the dtb file locate /boot/rk3288-miniarm.dtb

//maybe need install dtc tool first
Code:
sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler

convert dtb to dts:
Code:
dtc -I dtb -O dts -f /boot/rk3288-miniarm.dtb -o rk3288-miniarm.dts

modify it by your wish, then compile dts to dtb, (may have lots of warning, just ignore them.)
Code:
dtc -O dtb -o rk3288-miniarm.dtb rk3288-miniarm.dts

And the last step replace the /boot/rk3288-miniarm.dtb
before replace, backup first.
Code:
sudo cp /boot/rk3288-miniarm.dtb /boot/rk3288-miniarm.dtb.backup
then replace
Code:
sudo cp rk3288-miniarm.dtb /boot/rk3288-miniarm.dtb
hi all.. 
If you like Pi Top.. maybe you like.. 
http://nexdock.com/touch/