This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octane 2.0 javascript benchmark
Can someone run Octane benchmark in chromium and firefox ? : https://chromium.github.io/octane/

For information, with a raspberry pi 3, at 1.3Ghz, running on archlinux , I get the score 3400.
I got 6300 on the current somewhat unstable linaro build.
It is better than a raspberry pi 3 but It is not as good as I hoped.
So, I think that cpu frequency is underclocked at 1.5/1.6Ghz.
Can you check it ?
Under load from sysbench, cpuinfo reports current core frequencies of 1.8Ghz
Wink 
Of course, it has to be faster because the hardware-specs are some much better than the pi.

So this is the main reason i am just interested in this great tinker board.

It's just a question of time (maybe 1- 2 years) that the pi will bring a new board with better specs out too.

In this time i should be great to get a good community working behind the tinker-project.

This is one of the positives of the pi: that there is a big community, many projects, manuals and distros, hardware and addons!

So the tinkerboard gots the potential to "rock" and i am realy interested in how it will evolute.

Interested in making a little modified distro for the board too. (s.other thread)

Wink
I also got about 6300 on Octane benchmark in TinkerOS's Chromium.
(02-24-2017, 01:30 AM)frankwu Wrote: I also got about 6300 on Octane benchmark in TinkerOS's Chromium.

An article on Octane 2.0 benchmark
- tinker vs raspberry
https://www.ossblog.org/asus-tinker-boar...rformance/
(03-22-2017, 08:01 PM)Laaky Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 01:30 AM)frankwu Wrote: I also got about 6300 on Octane benchmark in TinkerOS's Chromium.

An article on Octane 2.0 benchmark
- tinker vs raspberry
https://www.ossblog.org/asus-tinker-boar...rformance/

In this article, Octane score = 7288. So, can you explain the difference with the Octane scores above ?
i tested with 'tinkerOS' 1.8b and a dist-upgrade to unstable and get different results between 5800 and 7000.
i think the variance of the results show: this benchmark is for the trash.

happy benchmarking,

tx0h

p.s.: sure, i restarted the browser before each test and i ran it about 10 times.